|JCC MVP Spotlight, September 2017|
|FirstLight Home Care|
|Published Friday, September 1, 2017|
Regardless of age, background or location, most people today have something in common: They want independence, freedom, flexibility and quality of life. FirstLight Home Care was created to help adults achieve all those things.
FirstLight is a top-rated, affordable non-medical home care provider with a network of offices in more than 30 states. FirstLight is a lifeline for seniors; people with disabilities; those recovering from surgery, illness or injury; new mothers; or anyone who needs a little extra assistance.
Non-medical home care fills the gap between medically skilled services and the everyday tasks that a person may be able to complete for themselves. FirstLight Home Care can provide support for several hours a week all the way through full-time engagements. We do conversation and company, meal preparation, light housekeeping, bathing and grooming. And so much more.
A NEW APPROACH TO HOME CARE
FirstLight was designed from the ground up to be a completely new approach to high-quality care in the home or in the community. Every facet of the home care segment was studied to develop a system that provides our clients with dependable and truly exceptional service. Additionally, our caregivers are employees, not contractors, and they’re screened and background checked, and they must successfully complete our care training.
Central to the FirstLight caregiving approach is matching our clients with a caregiver who fits the personality, needs and vision of the client and family. We create caregiving partnerships that are built on trust, communication and a deep understanding of a client and their family’s needs. We’re dedicated to the core values of client happiness, peace of mind and quality of life.
SERVICES THAT FIT DIVERSE NEEDS
Non-medical home care provides support to people with a wide range of needs. And it lightens the load for the family caregivers who would otherwise be the sole source of support for their loved ones. FirstLight services provide the resources needed to sustain our clients’ independence and freedom.
FIRSTLIGHT CAREGIVERS PROVIDE SUPPORT THROUGH:
- Personal Care: which provides assistance with the activities of daily living, giving families additional peace of mind and providing clients with dignity and comfort. These services include bathing and hygiene, walking and mobility assistance, transfer and posturing, special diets and meal preparation, eating assistance, oral hygiene, and continence and toileting care.
- Companion Care: which provides presence and companionship through activities such as regular visits for conversation and company, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry services, shopping, errands and transportation, and mail and paperwork organization.
- Respite Care: which allows family caregivers to step out of their everyday routines and take the time to relax, energize and refresh. The service provides family caregivers with a break while professionals ensure their loved ones are cared for – for a couple of hours, an entire day or even overnight.
- Travel Companion Program: which helps make travel manageable and memorable by providing support during a vacation or travel to a special event. The service assists with logistics, transportation, luggage and daily needs like bathing, dressing or meals.
- Dementia Care: which provides care plans to help people who are suffering from dementia, including Alzheimer’s, cope with the anxiety, depression, confusion and isolation that are often associated with the disease. Services are highly personalized and designed not only to help the dementia sufferer, but the entire family unit.
MORE THAN CAREGIVERS
FirstLight is one of the most recognized home care national providers. FirstLight has been endorsed by Home Care Pulse as a Best of Home Care National Provider since 2014. Our rapid growth has led to recognition as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies by Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 and as one of the top franchise systems in the United States by Franchise Times.
At FirstLight Home Care, we are caregivers. And we’re also grocery shoppers, problem solvers, bathing helpers, organizers, tour guides, listeners, huggers, personal chefs, activity planners, errand runners, conversationalists, hair stylists, laundry folders, smile makers and more.
|Reach us at:
Cesar Cantor, 210-744-4100
|Mention this ad and receive 15% off the hourly rate!
Minimum of a 4-hour commitment.
Valid through 12/31/2017
Send this page to a friend