Parenting Classes at the JCC
The latest semester of Parenting Workshops has arrived! Workshops are Free for JCC Members; there is a $10 charge per adult for Non-Members.
All participants must be pre-registered in order to attend the workshops; drop-ins and refunds will not be honored. Registration closes the day before the workshop. Babysitting is available for JCC Members at the JCare rate by calling 210-302-6820. Non-Members may also register in advance for childcare for an additional $10.
About our Instructor...
Laine Lipsky is a certified parent educator and former performance athlete who earned her BA/MAT from Brown University. When not teaching, Laine lives an active, conscious life with her husband and two children.
A Peaceful Approach to Discipline
- In our first session, we will learn why conventional discipline methods backfire and dive into some effective tips.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 9-10:30am
Understanding + Taming Temper Tantrums
- We will explore how to best help a child when s/he is melting down.
- Friday, Oct. 14, 9-10:30am
The Art of Raising Siblings for Life
- Exploring strategies from books, participants will practice new scripts and learn the big secret for diffusing sibling tension.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 9-10:30am
Mindfulness in the Family
- When we apply the art and practice of mindfulness to our parenting, our entire family feels more joy.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 9-10:30am
The Barshop Jewish Community Center offers Precious Minds, New Connections parenting classes FREE OF CHARGE to all parents and caregivers of children from birth up to age four. Recently revised and updated, this parenting class is a must for everyone with a child under age four. Learn how to handle challenging behaviors and cultivate self-esteem in your child through effective guidance and an understanding of appropriate child development. The classes are two hours each week and run for 10 weeks. Morning and evening classes available. Included each week is a children's book or other learning material, a snack or dinner, qualified childcare and course materials.
Call (210) 302-6846 for more information or to register TODAY!