Parenting Classes at the JCC
The latest semester of Parenting Workshops has arrived! Workshops are Free for JCC Members; there is a $5 charge per adult for Non-Members.
All participants must be pre-registered in order to attend the workshops; drop-ins and refunds will not be honored. Registration closes the day before the workshop. Babysitting is available for JCC Members at the JCare rate by calling 210-302-6820. Non-Members may also register in advance for childcare for an additional $5.
About our Instructor...
Laine Lipsky is a certified parent educator and former performance athlete who earned her BA/MAT from Brown University. When not teaching, Laine lives an active, conscious life with her husband and two children.
Mindfulness in the Family
- When we apply the art and practice of mindfulness to our parenting, our entire family feels more joy.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 9-10:30am
A Peaceful Approach to Discipline
- Children can demonstrate unsavory behaviors that challenge us parents. This workshop will show you peaceful ways to guide our children's behavior.
- Monday, Feb. 13, 9-10:30am
Understanding + Taming Temper Tantrums
- Tantrums are familiar to most of us; even still, these wild moments can overwhelm and frighten. We'll discuss how to best help during one of these meltdowns and how to minimize in the first place.
- Monday, Mar. 6, 9-10:30am
The Art of Raising Siblings for Life
- Do your kids often fight with each other, complain that things are not equal, or make everything into a competition? While these interactions are typical, they don't have to be common or supported in our homes. Exploring strategies from books such as Siblings Without Rivalry, participants will practice new scripts and learn "The Big Secret" for diffusing sibling tension.
- Monday, Apr. 3, 9-10:30am
Praise to Raise Confident Kids
- How do we deliver praise to our children in a way that sinks in and helps them build a positive sense of self? Come find out at this workshop!
- Wednesday, May 3, 9-10:30am
The Barshop Jewish Community Center offers Precious Minds, New Connections parenting classes FREE OF CHARGE to all parents and caregivers of children from birth up to age four. Recently revised and updated, this parenting class is a must for everyone with a child under age four. Learn how to handle challenging behaviors and cultivate self-esteem in your child through effective guidance and an understanding of appropriate child development. The classes are two hours each week and run for 10 weeks. Morning and evening classes available. Included each week is a children's book or other learning material, a snack or dinner, qualified childcare and course materials.
Call (210) 302-6846 for more information or to register TODAY!