A Message From the President/CEO Saul F. Levenshus
It’s June and despite the relatively mild spring we have enjoyed, the dog days of summer are apparently now upon us and just in time for our outstanding J-CAMP programs and another full summer at the pool. As we quickly move into the heat of the summer months, we fully anticipate that members will begin to enjoy the full benefits of our JCC pool. Of course, maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment is important at all times and here are a few of the ways our members and their guests can help us:
- Always adhere to the pool rules posted in the pool area.
- When on duty, the lifeguard has complete authority at all times.
- When directed, always adhere to quick evacuation and emergency situations.
- As a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your children at all times and must always be within reach of non-swimmers.
- Swimmers are asked to shower before entering the pool (our outdoor shower makes that process more convenient!).
- Members and their guests must check in at the Central Information Desk before entering the pool area. (For Parents with young children, when you come dressed and ready to enter the pool, remember you can now exit directly to the pool without going through the locker rooms).
- For Parents with young children under the age of 5 who need to change prior to entering the pool area, use of handicap bathroom stalls and shower areas in the locker rooms are available for privacy when changing clothes.
- Families with children 5 and over who need to change clothes before entering the pool, are asked to access the pool through the gender appropriate locker rooms. Please consider taking a moment to familiarize your child with the locker room configuration showing them how to access the bathrooms and exit to the pool area. For anyone needing further assistance, please feel free to ask a member of our sports and fitness staff.
- While at the pool for extended periods of time, please be prepared to apply sunscreen as necessary, drink plenty of water, and don’t forget to bring a towel.
- Valuables should always be appropriately secured and/or locked in a locker.
Please keep in mind that our summer camp program takes full advantage of the pool for lessons and free swim between 9:30am and 3:30pm Monday-Friday. These are heavy usage periods; and we urge members whose schedules allow to avoid these times when possible.
For anyone interested, there is still space in some of our J-CAMP programs, but they are filling up fast so don’t delay. See pages 15 & 16 for information about J-CAMP or visit our website!
Lastly, don’t forget that our weekend summer extended hours (open Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 7pm) begin on Friday June 1, and will be in force through August 26.
Here’s wishing you all a safe and fun summer. We’re glad you belong here!